Thursday, May 13, 2010

Baltimore, MD- Riptide by the Bay

-Riptide by the Bay: Friendly service, cozy sea faring atmosphere and some of the best crabs I have ever had! -
    Strolling along the Fells Point, MD waterfront I felt beckoned in as I noticed how content people were eating outside with their pooches and I was also in the mood for some Maryland crabs! My friend and I were curious to see what was going on down the side corridor of this cozy restaurant. So we went into explore the restaurant and the sea faring mural that was being completed on that day by the artist on the wall.

   Of the three basic seating options (indoors, outdoor cafe, or corridor outdoor) we were happy with sitting in the corridor, what can I say the mural just drew me in, made me feel like I was on holiday again in the Jimmy Buffet atmosphere of Key West!

   For a bubbly delight I started off with a delicious champagne cocktail called "Jacuzzi". We were even more impressed by tantalizing selection of bloody Marys ("Classic Mary", "Crabby Mary", "South of the Border Mary"). I wanted something to match the RBB old bay crabs (that I am now dreaming of while I write this post) so I chose the "Crabby Mary" as it was accented with had Old Bay and Pepper Vodka. I know you don't know me very well yet and this is one of my first restaurant posts (there are plenty more to come) but I always love to try new places and new things and I mean it when I say Riptide by the Bay serves the best crabs and Bloody Marys I have ever had! Scottie beam me back now!

   There are many other food (including Mexican) and drink selections that RBB has to offer. Please check out their menu: Click Here! I would also like to thank our super helpful waitress Crystal for her friendly service and their musician (his voice is amazing and his music selection is down right cool).

Signing off for now your BFF,
BV &
BFFEarth
"Live Earth to the Fullest!"-TM
Pet Friendly Places Rating: 3/5:  Sidewalk Cafe Seating



Riptide by the Bay:
1718 Thames Street, Baltimore, MD
(410) 732-3474



Photos:
Top two by BV of BFFEarth
Bottom photo: Click Here for Photo Reference